McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine 2015 Top Docs
The McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine applauds its affiliated faculty members who were recently recognized by Pittsburgh Magazine. Each year the magazine commissions Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. to select top doctors on the national and regional levels. The physician-led research team identifies highly skilled, exceptional doctors by evaluating their medical education, training, and hospital appointments, and by surveying area hospital leaders and physicians.
This year 28 McGowan Institute affiliated faculty were recognized in the May issue of the magazine with 2 colleagues* receiving dual specialty acknowledgment. Congratulations are extended to:
- Anesthesiology: Erin Sullivan, MD
- Cardiovascular Disease: Dennis McNamara, MD
- Critical Care Medicine: Derek Angus, MD, MPH, John Kellum, MD, FACP
- Neurological Surgery: David Okonkwo, MD, PhD, Elizabeth Tyler-Kabara, MD, PhD*
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: Pamela Moalli, MD, PhD
- Ophthalmology: Joel Schuman, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery: Freddie Fu, MD, James Kang, MD, Patrick McMahon, MD
- Otolaryngology: Barry Hirsch, MD, Clark Rosen, MD, FACS
- Pathology: Anthony Demetris, MD
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery: Peter Wearden, MD, PhD
- Pediatric Cardiology: Jacqueline Kreutzer, MD
- Pediatric Neurological Surgery: Elizabeth Tyler-Kabara, MD, PhD
- Pediatric Otolaryngology: Joseph Dohar, MD
- Pediatric Surgery: George Mazariegos, MD
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Michael Boninger, MD
- Plastic Surgery: Howard Edington, MD,* Ernest Manders, MD, Peter Rubin, MD, Kenneth Shestak, MD
- Surgery: Timothy Billiar, MD, Abhinav Humar, MD
- Surgical Oncology: Howard Edington, MD, Michael Lotze, MD
- Thoracic Surgery: Thomas Gleason, MD, James Luketich, MD
In the magazine’s same issue, learn about 48 hours in the life of Robert Kormos, MD. He and seven other doctors were observed over 2 days and were featured in the story, Endless Challenges: 48 Remarkable Hours with 8 Pittsburgh Doctors. Read their stories here.
Illustration: Microsoft Office clipart.