McGowan Institute Faculty Honors
McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine congratulates the following affiliated faculty members! University of Pittsburgh Provost Patricia Beeson recently named each (in alphabetical order) as a Distinguished Professor:
- Clifford Brubaker, PhD, health and rehabilitation sciences
- Joel Schuman, MD, ophthalmology
- Andrew Schwartz, PhD, neurobiology
- Rocky Tuan, PhD, orthopaedic surgery
- Simon Watkins, PhD, cell biology
The appointment of a faculty member to a Distinguished Professorship at the University of Pittsburgh constitutes the highest honor that the University can accord a member of the professorate. Designation as Distinguished Professor recognizes extraordinary, internationally-recognized, scholarly attainment in an individual discipline or field. These individuals are expected to make special contributions to the intellectual advancement of their home departments and schools, as well as to the institution as a whole.