Wei Gao, PhD
Dr. Wei Gao is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Gao received his PhD in Computer Science from Pennsylvania State University in 2012, and his bachelor’s degree from the University of Science and Technology of China in 2005. Dr. Gao was an NSF CAREER Award recipient in 2016.
Dr. Gao’s research focuses on the design, analysis, measurement and implementation of mobile, embedded and networked systems, as well as these systems’ applications in Internet of Things and Smart Health. He has strong interests in unveiling analytical principles underneath practical problems, designing systems based on these principles, and implementing and deploying these systems in practice. Dr. Gao’s research areas mainly include the following:
- Mobile and embedded computing systems
- Cyber-physical systems and Internet of Things
- Mobile and connected health
- Wireless networking and communications
- Mobile cloud computing and big data
- Computer and network security
View a list of Dr. Gao’s publications here.