Dr. Dennis McNamara is a Professor of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh. He is also the Director of the Heart Failure/Transplantation Program at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Dr. McNamara received is undergraduate/graduate education at Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, respectively. He completed his internship, residency, and cardiology fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Dr. McNamara’s current research interests include:
- Etiology and pathogenesis of dilated cardiomyopathies
- Inflammatory syndromes of cardiovascular disease
- Myocardial recovery in recent onset non-ischemic primary cardiomyopathy
- Etiology and management of peripartum cardiomyopathy
- Genetic modulation of outcomes in cardiovascular disease
Dr. McNamara is the author of hundreds of publications, presentations, lectures, reviews, invited papers, book chapters, and abstracts. A list of his publications can be found here.
Dr. McNamara is a member of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation, American Heart Association, Heart Failure Society of America, and a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology.