During the month of January 2022, University of Pittsburgh innovators were issued 11 U.S. patents. Five of those patents were based on research work conducted by McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine affiliated faculty members. Their newly issued patents include:
- ECM Hydrogel for Treating Esophageal Inflammation: Lindsey Saldin; Stephen Badylak; Juan Gutierrez (U.S. Patent No. 11,213,545).
- SARS-COV-2 Subunit Vaccine and Microneedle Array Delivery System: Andrea Gambotto; Eun Kim; Louis Falo (U.S. Patent No. 11,213,482).
- Self-Regulating Device for Modulating Inflammation: Yoram Vodovotz; Alexey Solovyev; David Okonkwo; Maxim Vyacheslavovich; Qi Mi; Jorg Gerlach; Gregory Constantine (U.S. Patent No. 11,224,685).
- Methods and Compositions for Diagnosis and Prognosis of Renal Injury and Renal Failure: John Kellum Jr.; Paul McPherson (U.S. Patent No. 11,229,676).
- Non-Noble Metal Based Electro-Catalyst Compositions for Proton Exchange Membrane Based Water Electrolysis and Methods of Making: Prashant Kumta; Karan Kadakia; Moni Datta; Oleg Velikokhatnyi; Prashanth Hanumantha (U.S. Patent No. 11,230,775).
Congratulations on these successful developments!
Illustration: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office logo.