As part of the Giants in Orthopaedic Sport Medicine video series produced by the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS), Savio L-Y. Woo, PhD, DSc, DEng, Distinguished University Professor Emeritus and Founding Director, Musculoskeletal Research Center, University of Pittsburgh, was interviewed by Jason Koh, MD, Director, NorthShore Orthopaedic & Spine Institute, Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. They spoke about:
- Dr. Woo’s early childhood and life experiences, recognizing his teaching abilities in high school when he mentored fellow students
- His university days in California and Washington
- Some of his early career obstacles
- Why he chose orthopaedics as a field of study and research
- His thoughts on incorporating biotechnology and bioengineering with biologics
- His advice for the future of ISAKOS
View their conversation here.
Illustration: University of Pittsburgh Swanson School of Engineering.