Dr. Urszula Zdanowicz is a knee and ankle surgeon with a focus on arthroscopy and reconstructive surgery at the Carolina Medical Center, Orthopaedic and Sports Traumatology Department, a part of the LUX MED Group, the leading healthcare provider in Poland. Dr. Zdanowicz participated in a fellowship at the McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine in the laboratory of deputy director Stephen Badylak, DVM, PhD, MD.
Dr. Zdanowicz completed a postgraduate fellowship as well as residencies training in children’s surgery and orthopaedic surgery and traumatology. In 2013, Dr. Zdanowicz received a board certificate in orthopaedic surgery and sport traumatology.
Dr. Zdanowicz is also a trained team physician associated (over last 15 years) with different Polish Olympic Teams (including the Polish Football Association and the Polish Swimming Olympic Team). In years 2005-2007, Dr. Zdanowicz was also a Board Member of the Medical Commission of Polish Olympic Committee and, in 2006 was a Member of the Medical Team of the Polish Olympic Committee during the Winter Olympic Games in Torino.
Dr. Zdanowicz’s recent research efforts include meniscus pathologies, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, as well as tendon pathologies (with a special focus for the Achilles tendon).
Dr. Zdanowicz is affiliated with the following professional organizations:
- Polish Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- European Society of Sport Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Clinical Anatomist
- Orthopaedic Research Society
View a list of Dr. Zdanowicz’s publications here.
Dr. Zdanowicz was an author and co-author of several book chapters:
- R.Śmigielski, U.Zdanowicz, M.Drwięga, B.Ciszek, R.Siebold. “Ribbonlike Anatomy of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament from Its Femoral Insertion to the Midsubstance” in: R.Siebold, D.Dejour, S.Zaffagnini (ed.) “Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction – A Practical Surgical Guide,” Springer 2014, str. 3-10.
- R.Śmigielski, U.Zdanowicz, M.Drwięga, B.Ciszek, Ch.Fink, R.Siebold. “Variations of the Tibial Insertion of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament: An Anatomical Study” in: R.Siebold, D.Dejour, S.Zaffagnini (ed.) “Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction – A Practical Surgical Guide,” Springer 2014, str. 29-32.
- R. Śmigielski, U. Zdanowicz: Epidemiology and Common Reasons of Groin Pain in Sport: SPORTS INJURIES. Springer, 2012: 249-254.
U. Zdanowicz, R. Śmigielski: Groin pain: Neuropathies and Compression Syndromes: SPORTS INJURIES. Springer, 2012: 271-274.