Dr. Gerhardt Konig is an Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Bioengineering at the University of Pittsburgh Schools of Medicine and Engineering, and an Attending Anesthesiologist at Magee-Women’s Hospital of UPMC.
Dr. Konig completed his undergraduate studies in Bioengineering at the University of California at San Diego, and completed medical school and residency in Anesthesiology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and UPMC. Dr. Konig was awarded the Best Scholarly Resident Award during his residency from the Department of Anesthesiology.
Dr. Konig’s current research, clinical, and academic interests include:
- Autonomous control of fluid and blood product administration
- Perioperative sensors, devices, technology, and innovation
- Patient blood management
- Clinical dashboards
Dr. Konig is a member of the following professional societies and organizations:
- American Society of Anesthesiology
- International Anesthesia Research Society
- Society for Advancement of Blood Management
- Society for Technology in Anesthesia
Dr. Konig is also an invited reviewer for the journals Transfusion, Blood Transfusion, and PLOS ONE.
View a list of Dr. Konig’s publications here.